Saturday, January 11, 2014

Working on WIP

With the beginning of the new year I want to try and get as many of my WIP done as I can. So while I am waiting for fabric to arrive so that I can make a commission quilt, I have been digging into my WIP.

I'm also working in a very confined space right now too. But I will live with it for now. We will hopefully get lucky at a local thrift store to find me a nice working desk or table to use.


This is where I am hoping to put my table or desk. But I will have to find a place for this stuff...oh where oh where should it go!?


But since I have such a small space I am sticking to just piecing, and that is hard enough as it is.

I finished piecing Lincoln's quilt. I started it while I was pregnant, cutting out the triangles, but lets face it, nothing really got done while I was pregnant.

I think it turned out rather well myself. But I will wait to quilt it for now. But I am thinking just lines.


After finishing piecing this one I decided to pull out some blocks that I started I think about 2 1/2 years ago...or maybe it was 3 1/2 years ago. I have no idea. I just know I started them around the time we took a family trip to San Diego. (My memory is fading! AHHH)


I used a Dot to Dot pattern by Jaybird Quilts. But I only had a jelly roll at the time so I cut it into 4.5" pieces and sewed two pieces together and used that as my main block. Than I didn't have a fancy ruler she had so I made one! And cut the circle out of the middle of them all. A lot of work and I can see why I put it off!


Now I have it all pieced together! It is measuring about 80"x 88".


I used the line Bliss by Bonnie and Camille by Moda. I just love this line! I wish I could decorate my whole living room in these colors....


So I have another quilt top done and ready to be quilted. Since this one has frayed ends I am planning on doing straight line quilting on it too...eventually. At least I am making some progress on some WIP.

1 comment:

StubbsFamily said...

Wow, looks like a lot of work!