I am alive and kicking still though, even though it's been almost 2 weeks since I have posted anything. I have been quite busy though.
1) I got all of the i spy packages out for the swap. It took a little bit longer than I would have liked but due to the Postal Strike in Canada I am still waiting on two packages....we will see what happens there.
2) I am in Colorado (I live in Utah) visiting my Mom and Sister for 2 weeks +. I like coming here, it seems a little easier with the boys (I don't have to watch them like a hawk) and I get to have more "adult" time. With Trav working so hard and so much, its easier for him (only 1 person to care for) and me to come here.
3) The boys are in swim lessons for the very first time! (I know I am a slacker!) We have them until the 4th, and so far things are going good (pictures below)
4) I got a quilting job! I am quilting 2 quilts for a lady I have known since I was a little girl. She has some antique (2 generations) tops she would like to to finish for her, so she can give it to her children for Christmas. She has 2 more after these, but we are waiting on those for now. I am not charging very much...mostly because she has been a long time (good) friend and because I didn't know how much to charge. I did think about the $.01 per inch, but it seemed really high. So I said $50 for each. What would you have charged? (Anyone) They are roughly 78"x90" each
5) I am also working on a wedding quilt for my cousin. She is getting married later this month. I am starting from scratch!! Only have 7 blocks done (sorry no pics) and have about 50 more to go! My mom asked me to make this for her, and of course I can't say no!!
6) I am also trying desperately to finish a Moda Bake Shop tutorial! I started it about 2 weeks ago, and have it all pinned, but I need to quilt it, bind it, take pictures of it, and then write up the tutorial!! GRRRR
7) My mom also has several quilts she would like me to finish for her if I have time. One is ready to be pinned and quilted - and then I think 2 others need to be finished pieced and then quilted. What I do for my Mom...she OWES me big time!
8) I also brought a quilt that I need to finish binding. It's been done for some time- I just need to finish it. I brought it with me so that my sister could take some awesome pictures with her AWESOME camera. Oh I wish I had hers.
9) I then brought my work horse of a sewing machine. It's timing was off and so it's getting repaired now. So some good news thus far!!
See everything that I need/want to get done??? They all will get done but who knows when. Then add upon that- 1) Nathan's birthday on Sunday 2) a garage sale we are having tomorrow and Saturday 3)helping my Mom get her house organized and put together.
Now for some pictures:
That's a little of what's going on with me and my family....only more fun to come!