Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mini Quilt Swap - Sent

Well last week I was able to finish one of my Mini Doll Quilt Swaps. My partner asked to have a holiday themed quilt, and after thinking and looking at different designs, I settled on the Easter one. As you saw my drawing before, you can get the idea on what I decided to do.

Here it is all finished!
I want to say that this ended up a little bit wonky, since I didn't have a major plan,and just made up the measurements as I went, so that the the quilt would be the required size. I had to keep shrinking the blocks down to make it all fit!
 After the quilt was done, I decided to add some embroidery to make it look a tad bit better. I just couldn't get it out of my head that this wasn't my 100%...so I stitched around the flowers...
 The bunny block, which I completely made up on my own! I searched and searched for bunny blocks that others had made and had no such luck. But wouldn't you know it, once I was finished with the quilt I found a cute one!
 Then for my eggs, I did some detail on all of the layers. It took a long time and I am new to embroidery, but I really like the eggs.

Yeah another swap finished! I am really excited to have this done, just so I can cross something off of my to-do list!

No comments: