Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sick

Over the past weekend Brandon came down with a fever and a cough. After medication he was doing better and went back to school yesterday, but what did I get?? The same thing....although I feel that I have it worse (bear yourself...venting coming) because:

1. I don't get to take the day off, I wish I could and I try but I still have to do the minimum to get everyone going.

2. No one I can go to take care of me, because I am a grown-up now and can't act like a child and Travis has to work

3. If I don't do something now, it won't get done

4. The worst of all, I feel even more like a slacker and a loser because I see my house slowly falling apart, no cleaning done, laundry piling up and no energy to fix it.....Then I still have to drag myself up and go to parent teacher conferences because if I don't I DON"T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN!!

So for anyone who is curious...being sick SUCKS for mothers.

2 comments:

Amy and Cody said...

Awwwwww! Crystal! Do you want me to bring you dinner??? That's awful to have so much to do and to feel completely lousy!!! Let me know if I can help!!!

Sara Birch said...

There is definately something going aroud...Jeff was sick Monday and Tuesday. I totally agree with you, it is so hard to be sick when you are the mom!