Thursday, February 16, 2012

Doll Quilt Swap 12 (DQS12) Updates

I have been hard at work (okay so 1 night) creating the DQS12 quilt. I have been looking for different patterns and trying to find the one that I like the best and after looking I found what I wanted....so the majority of the quilt is done...
 Here is what the design is as a reminder.....
 Here is the grass...I had to end up cutting the log cabin blocks down because I had made them too big! Darn 20"x20" measurements!
 The sun! I really like how the sun turned out! I am pretty excited about the little patchwork, I just did a random jumble! Although I must say that these curves are NOT easy....I will definitely have to practice more to make this feel any easier!!
I ended up buying the Dresden ruler and I was pretty impressed with how easy it was to use and how easy it was to sew the pieces together! I think I will DEFINITELY make more of these little guys in the future. But I just mostly winged turning it into a square. I used this site to help me with it. But overall for my first time making a Dresden block I am pleased with my work!

I have actually made two of all of these! So that 1)I can use the best blocks for my partner's quilt and 2)I can have my very own of this quilt! It won't be too much longer to finish it, although I do need to decide what I want to do the for the tulips, piece them like how I usually do or if I want to do a sort of paper piece.

2 comments:

Michelle Corey said...

Curves are definitely not easy. I'm doing a class right now so I am forcing myself to conquer them. Looks good so far. I can't wait to see the bunny one.

Shona Shone said...

WOW I love the sun design! That's beautiful