Thursday, January 29, 2009

Brandon's Mouth

Okay I must be the worst mother in the world.....

Brandon has a very hard time getting dressed in the morning. I don't know if it is because he cannot organize properly, he doesn't want to go to school, if he just cannot focus or what. I have tried many things to help him, and am continually trying things to help him get dressed in the mornings so he doesn't wonder around the house naked. So this sets the stage.

This morning is like any other, we cannot get dressed. I am constantly telling him to get dressed, every 2 minutes. "Your going to miss the bus, get dressed". This goes on for 30 minutes. At which time I go upstairs to get Nathan some more medicine. (which he never ended up receiving today) and I hear this crying, I am getting rather mad (okay so I have been mad for the last 30 minutes) but I say "Now what?" As I turn I see Brandon's mouth full of blood and blood all over his body, his naked body. So we go and rinse out his mouth, he gets on some underwear and I look in his mouth. I pull up his already puffy upper lip to see a rather large hole in his upper lip.

At this time I am still not that happy, thinking okay he will be fine and all is well but then after I see the hole, okay we will go see dad at work and see what he says. So mind you Brandon is still crying, and still not dressed. So after getting dressed myself and getting Kimball dressed, I end up dressing Brandon. We get in the car and we drive to dad's work, crying the whole way there and fighting with Kimball, because he knows what he is doing and he is "touching" Brandon.

Dad comes out to see us and takes one look and says "he needs to go see the doctor". So we drive down to the doctors, a 20 minute drive and half way there Brandon starts laughing and playing with Kimball. I am thinking okay maybe we are just thinking it is worse than it is, oh well we will see. We get to the doctors and wait for a few minutes and get to go back. And we get some good meds and some numbing medicine that Brandon can put on his lip. That helps while the doctor looks at his lip.

"Well with a cut like this, you usually don't need stitches because it will heal on it's own."

"But his teeth get caught on it."

"Well we can try some bio-gradable string that will dissolve in a few days."

So yeah, Brandon gets stitches. Travis and I don't know how many stitches he has because we weren't looking and didn't want to look. I was in the corner of the room holding Kimball (he wanted to get down and run) and Travis was busy laying on Brandon trying to get him not to move with his head turned. Travis doesn't do too well with blood.

All in all Brandon did very well. He held very still with some help while he got a shot and got some stitches. During this time, his ADHD medication hadn't kicked in yet, so he was still wiggly. But on the ride home he became calm and so by the time we got home and inside he is looking drugged. So when I tried to get a few more picture of him, he looks wasted. But I swear it was just the pain killers that he has and his ADHD medication.

He was a good brave boy, and when I asked if he wanted to help me take out the trash, he asked if I needed a "big tough boy". Ahh my little boy is growing up, even if he still refuses to get himself dressed in the morning.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You poor mom! What a morning! I hear on having to tell your boy a million times to get dressed...the joys of motherhood...