Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finished Blue Green Lattice Quilt

When my mom was here about a month ago we started working on a quilt for her sister, my Aunt Sandie. I was able to finish the quilt in ONE day! A record for me, but it has taken me a MONTH to finish it. I think what held me back was the fact that is 1)huge, 2)intimidating and 3)huge. But suprisingly enough it quilted rather fast. I used a thin batting and that made it a lot easier to quilt. So Sandie, here you are!! I hope you and Wayne will LOVE it on your bed!
In this picture you can see how thin it is. It will be a good summer quilt.
I tried to take pictures of it in my room but it was too big to get an actual picture
Every quilt I have has mistakes, but this one has the FEWEST!! I must be getting better! It only takes about 15 quilts to get there!
I just did a simple stippling stitch
I also made her some pillows to go on her bed
They are kid tested and approved!
And last but not least some nice pillow cases to match!

3 comments:

Molly @ Me and Madeline said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Love that you made matching pillows!

Pat said...

Nice work, Crystal. Happy Quilting!