Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day

I had a WONDERFUL day today! I first woke up LATE to BREAKFAST in BED! My husband got up at 6am with the kiddos and then made breakfast for me, but he waited until later to make it so that I could sleep in! That was wonderful to wake up to!

Then at church today I enjoyed a nice day and received flowers made by the boys and a potted plant from the whole ward (no pictures of these). Travis also got my mother and I a corsase to wear too!

Then I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of lazy activity and enjoyed a nice meal that Travis made. I think one of the best things that made the day was that Travis took care of the kids mostly by himself ALL DAY LONG! That was AWESOME!

I did manage to get some pictures of today though....

The boys got to spend a good portion decorating pieces of wood to make fridge magnets for their Grandmas!
Nathan painted more than anyone! Oh well, Kimball had fun just painting 3 all black!

Then after they had finished decorating, we had our wonderful dinner. The kids thought they were in heaven because they had a picnic outside! (I was too slow to get a picture of them eating). But then they had fun jumping on the trampoline for the rest of the evening until it was time to come in.

Now I want to share some of my gifts that I did manange to get pictures of

Here is my present from Brandon. He made it at school and I thought it was rather cute!


And Nathan's gift that he made for me at school


Then Brandon made me another picture today

(That is me, if you couldn't tell)

Then Travis got me this!





All in all, the BEST day so far this year!!

How was your Mother's Day?? Did you remember to call your Mother? EVERYONE has one!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Didn't you do well to such lovely presents. Gotta love those handmade ones!

Pat said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day, Crystal. The pretty items that Nathan, Brandon, and Kimball made are simply "loving". Such nice memories that you can put away in a container, and pull out in later years. I have a lot of drawings, etc. from my sister's children from when they were toddler's. They are in their 40's and 50's, and really enjoy seeing what they made when they were young.
Very nice what Travis bought for you too, Crystal.
The kids are all having so much fun, only to top it off with a nice picnic outside in between.
Such a great loving family, Crystal. You are so blessed, my dear friend. Happy Quilting!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

A very special day indeed!

Cheryl said...

Your owls are adorable, and what a darling family you have!