Sunday, February 22, 2009

Brandon's Tooth



Last Sunday Brandon told us that his tooth hurt and that he needed to see the dentist. So I had him show me his tooth and low and behold it was loose! Brandon's first loose tooth! Oh is he growing up so fast! So Brandon nursed his tooth for the next 3 days. He was constantly moving it either with his tongue or his fingure. By Wednesday it was loose enough that it was started to hurt him. So I asked him if he wanted me to help pull out his tooth, he told me yes. The first try I wasn't able to pull but I knew it was close, so after a little bit of hand flapping on Brandon's part, he let me pull again, and his tooth came out! Brandon was so excited and happy! He wanted to take his tooth to school and show everyone. I was able to convince him that we needed to keep the tooth safe so that the tooth fairy can take it. He quickly saw the reason behind leaving the tooth home. So that night he was completely excited and fell asleep quickly. Then the next morning when he found the crisp dollar bill next to his pillow he was so excited he ran all over he house showing everyone the tooth. Then he had to type on the msn messanger to Dad at work that the tooth fairy came.

Now since then we have had to teach him more about money and what we do with money. We aren' t completely there yet but he has the concept. So he is working hard to try and earn more money so that he can buy a toy.

It is always a shock to be going from day to day and then out of no where you get a sign that your child is growing up. I remember when I lost my first tooth and now my son has lost his first tooth. It makes you realize that the time you have with them now is limited and makes you want to spend as much time with them as possible.

* Don't ask me how Brandon managed to loose his shirt in the middle of the night.

No comments: