Saturday, February 28, 2009

Date Night


Travis and I rarely go out by ourselves, but tonight we were able to go out. We went to a local University's Men's Basketball game. We left our kids with a young woman from our ward. (This was really hard because this is only the second time we have done this, and one was about 3 years ago).


The game was fun. Travis and I went with his Mother, Step-Father, Brother and Sister-in-law. Our team of course won, which is always a nice bonus. I liked that Travis and I got to spend a few hours relaxing. The game didn't last that long and we told our baby-sitter that we wouldn't get home for another 2 hours. So we wondered around Target looking at all the different things. I have to say that after looking thru Target, I still like Walmart better! Then after Target we went to Albertson's to buy a pork roast for some sweet pork meat that I make. (IT IS SOO GOOD! JUST LIKE CAFE RIO).


I have realized as we were coming home, that I have everything that I have ever wanted in life. I have a wonderful family, children and an amazing husband. I don't have a house, but I love where I life. I get to stay home with my children, which not everyone can do. I just have a wonderful life! I may have my up and downs but over all I am very blessed. I need to remember to thank my Heavenly Father for my wonderful blessings. I just wish everyone could be as happy as me!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I LOVE watching basketball. I'm so glad you had some time alone. Good for you. Everyone nets some hubby time.

I have to disagree with you on your Target vs. Walmart ideas. I'm a Target girl all the way. Walmart makes my skin crawl.(At least the Walmarts here in CA!) :)