Sunday, November 21, 2010

About time!

Last Tuesday another one of my quilts was featured on the Moda Bake Shop! It took me a lot longer to put it together just because I have been SO busy with everything else....including planning a charity auction that was last Friday!! (More to come later) But the biggest reason why I haven't blogged about it until now is because of the auction. 

Here is my "Get Framed" using Spirit by Lila Tueller. I really liked this quilt and it comes together very quickly!! The only thing I would have changed is to make the baby quilt a little bigger. 

I love this fabric, it is so soft and pretty and BRIGHT! Just LOVE it!! When quilting it almost 2 months ago I had a strong feeling that I should donate this quilt to my church and let someone have it for a Christmas gift. This will be the first time that I have donated one of my quilts. I have made plenty and have given them away as presents, but not donating. It makes me a little sad, but at the same time I know that it will brighten someone's day and make them happy and feel special! 
 Here is the back....BEAUTIFUL! These pictures no where show how bright and pretty it is!
 I tried a very different quilting style, a freehand style. I made little (or big) flowers in each box and then did squiggles in the borders.
 I think overall it turned out good. But it was a good practice but I have a LONG way to go before I get anywhere near good.
All in all a BEAUTIFUL set of quilts!! Head on over to MBS and check out how I made it and then seriously check out a TON of other's projects....there are some AWESOME ones. 
Here is one that someone has already made. Jacqueline over at Handemade with Love! Made it and I love the colors she chose! :D 

1 comment:

Catherine said...

This is another beautiful quilt Crystal! Love your creative free motion quilting too!