Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Night Sew In Results

I finally feel like I have made some process on my project!!! Last night (and most of Saturday) I spent working on finishing these little blocks....all 132 of them.
Aren't they pretty?? I love how colorful they are!! 
I made 11 of each block and then each wall quilt will have 12 different blocks in them
In the middle I will put each kid's name. I am having each child write their own name and then I will trace it on and then go over it with a permanent marker, unless is there a better method of writing on them? I am not sure but I don't have time to sew in the names. 
After I sew them all together I will put a small border of the puzzle piece fabric. It will be so cute! I can't wait! And hopefully I will have them all done by the 26th, which is the start of our teacher appreciation week for them. We also have a luncheon and a breakfast planned for them. Then the parents are going to send in thank you notes in. 

Now tonight I am going to work on tie making and Easter skirts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a busy lady you are Crystal that is a lot of blocks,well done they look great

martilindsey said...

Check out this technique from Crafty Gemini. She uses a computer printer and freezer paper to print directly on the fabric....and it's permanent. You could possibly do it directly on each square using any color you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mH2R2dVQxc&feature=feedlik_more

By the way....these are just too sweet. Lucky teachers!

Cheers~
Marti in San Diego

Sandra said...

Your blocks are so bright and colorful. The teachers are sure to be blessed by your efforts:)

Brandy@YDK said...

they look great.