Sunday, April 10, 2011

I have been working on.....

Well besides all of my other things that I am currently working on (I am afraid to actually write it all down) I am making some small wall quilts and little mug rugs.
For the part time teachers I am making them the mug rugs, and I will sew in all the names of the children in the class. I am still waiting on the kiddos names and stuff. 
I was planning on using my darning foot and writting the kids names on each block, but if worse comes to worse I am going to use a permament marker. 



The larger quilts I am making will be for the full time teachers. They will have smaller stars and have 12 total on them one for each kid in the class. Each block will have the child's hand print as well.
Since this an autism preschool so I used the puzzle print for the borders. I really like these stars with the different colors, the other blocks will have a solid color background and different colored points.
I think I might have to make me a quilt like this, with all of these colors. So pretty!!

If by chance you want to know what school I am referring to here it is: Giant Steps Autism Preschool

7 comments:

Lynn said...

You are so thoughtful! I love looking at your projects, and I cannot wait to see these complete. Is this pre-school an inclusion school or is only for students who have been diagnosed with autism?

Sandra said...

Your blocks are so bright and cheerful, and that puzzle fabric is awesome!

kimland said...

Your blocks are wonderful, so bright and cheery and the puzzle fabric is so appropriate. FUN for all!

Kristy said...

Beautiful! What special gifts!

Tiffany said...

LOVE the puzzle fabric!

Amy said...

You are way too talented!

Kayla said...

I love how bright they are! Super fun Crystal!