Sunday, February 21, 2010

Preparing and Enjoying

This evening after I came home from doing my Visiting Teaching (I go with another Sister/Lady in our church visit other Sisters in the ward) I found my little boys happy and hungry. I sat them down and gave them some chips to munch on. They had hot dogs for dinner so I added a few snacks. They were very happy. I couldn't resist taking a few snap shots of my beautiful boys!
We finished our snacks, had a fudge popcicle and went to bed. I sure love them! Today I was able to hear from a wonderful woman much older than me talk about her experieces with her children. She too has a child with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism. Although her children are older than me, we have a common thread. We both know what it is like to have our dreams changed by our children. We aren't upset with the change but trying to do the best with what has been given to us by our children. One thing that she talked about today was that her children chose to come to her family. It touched me. It made me realize that my little boys wanted to come to Travis and I. They knew what they were getting into, what they needed was a body to go with their spirits and accepted what would be dealt to them. It makes me feel honored to be their mother.

After the kiddos went to bed, Travis and I were able to get in some relax time in. I did what I love the most and that was sewing. Although I didn't get any sewing in, I got a lot of cutting in. I am ready though to start sewing the fabric together for the Postage Stamp Quilt Along.
I can't wait to get started on it!

5 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

So glad that you have some one who can encourage you and share experiences with. Sure makes a difference doesn't it?

Your postage stamp quilt is going to be so pretty with those fabrics :)

Lopez Life said...

I love Nathans face in the first picutre LOL

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Your boys are so dang cute. Despite the difficulties I am so so glad Boston came to our house too. Secretly, in an odd way, I think we are the lucky ones!

Pat said...

Those kids are so cute, Crystal, and it sure looks like they're having lots of fun. You've got to be having a ball with them. I can hardly wait for your postage stamp quilt to be done. They're fun to make, and so pretty. I like your fabrics.

Amy said...

Do you have enough fabric? WOW!!! I want to see the final projecT!!