Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Night sew In

I missed last month's Friday Night Sew in, but I bet you $10 I was sewing that night! So I just want to make sure that I post that I am doing it.

Tonight I REALLY would like to get my quilting bee blocks done, but sitting here I don't feel like doing them! I have been working on my DQS9 quilt for a bit and I really want to do that! You know how you start something and you get really into it and stop doing everything else, just so you can do it??? That is what I am doing now!

I worked a little this morning on it, and this is what I have so far.

Quilt #2

Quilt #1

Close up quilt #1

Close up quilt #2

I am really excited to finish embellishing them so I can get them basted and quilted. I have tons of little buttons to add and then I still need to hand stitch around the butterflies and bees, and then add the rays to the sun. I also got some clear thread (first time using) to use to actually quilt it. I didn't want the thread to take away from the quilt. I am really loving these and once again SO happy that I decided to make myself one, even though it is taking longer to make. I can see how people get so addicted to making small quilts like this. It's been fun making it! 

1 comment:

Jan said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt! Very cute!!