Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Star Sample Quilt Along

Wow July 6th came fast! I was checking my blogs this morning and realized that the Summer Star Sample Quilt Along by Brandie Sparrow started today! Well what could I do? I started!!




I am really liking these blocks! The maverick star (the second block) was easy peasy because I have been doing them so often! But then the first one, wow! I am LOVING it! 

I learned a new way of making the edge pieces, or what some call flying geese! It was so easy and faster and I didn't have any scraps when I was done!! This is WHY I do quilt alongs! I learn new things!! 

I am using Astor Manor by Moda's 3 sisters. I have made TONS with this, but it's because I LOVE it! When my Mom was in town last we went to a local quilt shop and they had layer cakes and charm packs on sale! So I got some and she did too, I WAS suppose to make her a quilt with it, but decided that I needed this quilt  more. But don't worry MOM! I love you and I will still make you that quilt! Just with a different line of fabric!

Because I like to know what the end result will be, here is what it will look like in the end! 
 

1 comment:

Rafael's Mum said...

Great start! like your colours. I don't think I will have time to make one myself but will follow along what you are doing.