Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Favorite 2010 Quilts

This year has gone by so fast! I can't believe that this year will come to and end on Friday! I am once again way behind on my posts, and have lots of things I need to post still from Christmas and gifts that I have made that I can now post, so hopefully soon I can start getting caught up on my posts.

I wanted to post some of the projects that I WISH I could have gotten to this year but just didn't make it. I would like to say that I will definately get it in next year but I cannot say for sure. Next year I am going to finish all the WIP quilts that I have piled around my house. I am going to try and make a list on the side so I can keep track as well as everyone else, maybe if I know that there are people there checking up on me I will actually get it done!
This is a block that I have WANTED to make but haven't been able to find the instructions, but really it's pretty easy if you just look at it. I would love to see what this would look like in a full quilt but also a baby quilt, but make this one block much larger. I think this would be great to use up some of my precious Moda scraps.
I don't know where I found this picture. I just google quilt pictures as well as surf blogs to find things that I like. I get inspiration and ideas for quilts as well as find things that I would just like to make. Since Autism is a puzzle, the puzzle is it's thing so I would love to make this and donate it for a charrity event or just make it for me. I have wanted to make this but just haven't had time yet. Once again scraps would be good with this one. 
This was the other quilt that I really wanted to make. It's by Jaybird quilts. It appeared in a magazine and this is actually the first pattern that I saw and HAD to have it. I love poka dots and this just seems like my type of quilt. I bought the magazine with the instructions and so when I actually have time to make this I can! 

What is your favorite quilt? I would like to see more quilts and just see what the current "favorite" is too!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love this jig saw quilt. What a great idea. I am looking forward to seeing what you are making.