Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

Its that time again for another Friday Night Sew-in. I am starting rather late tonight but still have a ways to go. Tonight I am working on my first commissioned quilt! A friend from college, his wife asked me if  would quilt some quilts for her. I was very excited to think that someone thought that I was good enough!
There are 2 lap size quilts for her boys. All she wanted was a simple quilt style which is what I feel most comfortable with! 
You can't tell from the picture but I decided to do a pebble sticht in the blue border. Both quilts have it, I think it will give it a little flair. 
You can see from this picture the back, you can kinda see what it will look like. 

I do really hope that she likes it!! My goal is to finish this quilt this evening and load the second quilt on and get it all ready to go!

P.S. I am looking for a good teddy bear crochet pattern. Free preferably! I found one but it is a small one, I wanted to make them for my kiddos for Christmas.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Stopping in from FNSI. Your quilting looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa Nielsen said...

I wish I had a quilting machine. That is so awesome. It looks great.

Sara Birch said...

It looks so good! Thank you so much for doing it for me! Have you seen my latest post on my blog about the other quilt I had done? If so do you have any suggestions on how I can fix it? Thank you again!