Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slow Going

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I really love the "Bird Love" quilt. My Mother in Law cried when I gave it to her, and has told me MANY times how much she loves it, so it was definitely a success! Now I just hope that others have the courage to try it! I was surprised at how many thought it looked too hard, because of the small pieces. The thing is I try to simplify as much as possible! So to me I think it is rather easy, the hardest being the assembly! Making sure you have all the right parts where they go!

I have been exercising a lot lately, due to my "Bet" with my friends. They are exercise manias so I am just trying to keep up. But because of that, and how long it takes me to "get into gear" in the mornings I haven't been sewing as much as I like! I have been working on my secret project (I can't publish anything on it yet) that is due in March. It does involve those colorful fabrics that I showed you earlier. I have been making blocks and trimming, and so I thought I would share my trimmings, maybe you can kinda get a feel for some of it then.
Travis keeps telling me that my blocks are beautiful, but I just hope that they will turn out! I can't wait to show you the final project but unfortunatley it will just have to wait! I am though done with all the blocks for the quilt (72 different ones) and so I have a little (okay a lot) more trimming to do to square them up and then I can start assembling!

1 comment:

C.S.H said...

Hi Crystal, I'm Crystal! LOL! I can't help but to notice that you and me have a lot in common other than our names! I too am a stay at home mom of three precious boys, ages 6, 3 and 3 1/2 months. I love crafts and I enjoy scrap booking the most. I do love quilts but sadly I can not make them but I love looking at yours. Oh and I noticed you said your husband treats you like a princess! I think we are very blessed to have such wonderful husbands! I would very much like to follow your blog. I find it all very interesting! Maybe we can swap stories sometime's!