Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why do Birds Suddenly Appear?

I am trying to coax Spring to come by making another Moda Bake Shop quilt! If I make birds appear does that mean spring is close?
This is my latest project for the Moda Bake Shop. I designed this quilt back in July and received fabric for it in August. Because LIFE just gets in the way I was able to finally finish it at the beginning of this year. I designed and made it for my Mother in law. She has loved birds for ever and is always excited to see new species in her yard. I saw that someone made a bird block and thought, that would make a WONDERFUL quilt! I designed a bird house to go with it and Bird Love was born. 
This was a MUCH harder tutorial to write and took me almost 10 hours! I wanted to make sure that everyone could understand it, so I hope everyone can. I am very proud of this and so far this is my favorite quilt I have designed. 

If you find that you want to make it, head on over the Mode Bade Shop and check it out! I would also love to see anyone's projects! It makes me feel very special!

11 comments:

affectioknit said...

It's a gorgeous quilt!

Amy said...

Gorgeous! But, I hope you know it's supposed to snow (quite badly) on Wed and Thurs lol.

Catherine said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love this design and congratulations on having another tutorial on the Moda Bakeshop. Maybe you will be featured in their next book!

sharon said...

A really great quilt! This one is super cute and such a neat original design!

Sara Birch said...

You are super talented! I still need to get together with you and have you show me how to stipple...

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

What a beautiful quilt and great instructions on Moda! Thanks for sharing.

Dena said...

How wonderful for you. Congrats on your Modabake shop debut. The quilt is awesome. Congrat Crystal.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Cute quilt Crystal!

VickiT said...

Wonderful quilt. I'll keep my fingers crossed you've done your job and coaxed Spring to come VERY soon. Thank you for the great tutorial.

my happy bluebird said...

This is beautiful! I am a bird lover and a beginning quilter. This looks like a pattern that I will be able to follow. Thanks so much for sharing!

Angie said...

The love the quilt -- and the snow shot too! Great job! Hope you FNSI went well :)