Friday, January 27, 2012

Are you Redneck?

I will admit, I often get annoyed at people who say that they are "redneck" when they actually have NO IDEA what redneck is. But I came to the conclusion that everyone has their "own level of redneck" and unfortunately most people's redneck level is not MY redneck level. My level includes a LOT of duck tape and "jimmy rigging". So I ask, what is your level of redneck? Here is my example of redneck....
 Where our computer/craft area is, we have roll chairs (from the thrift store) and unfortunately one is dying. It has ripped a big whole in our carpet where Trav sits (I am dreading when we move out and have to fix some of the stuff we have ruined). We had put a rug down over it, but it keeps moving so I got my duck tape and got my redneck on. Now I wonder how well it will be to vacuum around it.
 Then since there is a metal piece that sticks out the end of the chair, I put another patch on the bottom to hopefully stop it from coming out (I am not 100% this will work).....
 Then duck taped around where it was sliding on the main part of the chair. I have no idea how well this will hold but I sure put enough duck tape on it!
So here is an example of my redneck.....duck tape fixes everything! From fixing carpet holes to keeping chairs together! What is your level? (Also I must add the extra redneck geek level....only us would have 5 different old PC's that Trav collects for spare parts around the house)

4 comments:

Richard Healey said...

You defiantly fit the definition to me.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Danih03 said...

haha, I did this at a school I worked at years ago. The seam was coming apart causing long strings of carpet to trip on. So I cut them off and duct taped right down the middle of the classroom. That's a school budget for you.

Michelle Corey said...

How about our duct taped window? It broke a while back and it is now covered with plexi glass and duct tape. My husband has had soccer cleats that were more duct tape than cleat, too.

Maid Service Denver said...

Lovely post, thanks for posting.