Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Artist

Nathan's school had an inspiration art competition this month. They were to create something in 9 different categories (can't remember them all) and were separated into age groups. Nathan ended up in K-2 and his project ended up in the 3D art section. Here is his project:
 The theme was "My favorite things" and of course we did something with dinosaurs! We took an old cutting mat (I have lots of those) and he took scrap fabric from my stash (I have lots of those too) and then hot glued it onto the mat. I did give him the idea of using the fabric and the mat, but he came up with the design all on his own! He actually did most of it all by himself too. I just helped a little with filling in all the spaces with fabric (he chose all the fabric) and I helped with the yarn.
 We went to his school today (after school) and looked at all the different art projects entered and.....
 found out that we won first place in his category and age group! We won a medal and a certificate telling him that he won!
Now we go onto Regional (not 100% sure of the date) where he will compete with a few other schools in the same category and age group. I am so proud of my little artist! He was also very excited and happy as well! Congratulations Nathan aka Nate!

4 comments:

Lopez Life said...

Way to go Nathan!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Deanna said...

Congratulations! Nice work with a lot of details. I am glad the judges recognized his effort.

The Picketts said...

Wow! That looks fabulous! Way to go Nathan! :o)

Stephen and Heather said...

That is awesome! Very creative!