Sunday, January 15, 2012

More Christmas Presents

Have you ever been in one of those situations where you are given a present from someone and you didn't get them anything? Then you feel obligated to make/get them something as well?

Well this was me! Trav's friend at work got the boys a DS game and so I felt obligated to make his daughter a little quilt.
 When my Mom visited, she brought me some of her scrap fabric and more....these blocks were from a quilt that I made at her house, but since I was combining different fabric lines, these didn't quilt match.
 I am kinda glad I had to make this, I really wanted to use these pretty colors. I also had to add a few different fabrics that I had as well.
 I wanted to use this fabric on the front but it didn't quite go. So I was glad that I could use it on the back.  (Which FYI after this quilt came out of the dryer it was wrinkly and I even tried to iron it, but it refused to be straight)
 I have used this type of quilting before and I really like how it turns out when it is done. And it was quick too!
I want to say that all of the fabric pieces used had some sort of poka dots of them but I am not 100% sure. This turned out to be about 36"x36". I thought it would be bigger once I made it, but oh well, it looks good the way it is!

2 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I just love the colours in this quilt - I am sure the recipient will love it a lot!

Richard Healey said...

It looks cute. And ya I am the worst at giving. I often end up doing the same thing. Some one just brought over some baby stuff (wife pregnant) and now were going to make a quilt.