Saturday, December 19, 2009

Candy of my Labor

Ever heard of the saying..."Fruits of my Labor"? Well instead of fruit...I made candy! I making candy for all of the boy's teachers and our neighbors. I love making candy every year. At the end of the candy making I swear I won't make it again next year, but I always do! We did only some today, but tomorrow and Monday I will do some more.

We (Travis and I) made English Toffee, Peppermint Bark and Peppermint Fudge. I started the making for Mounds....but that will have to be finished tomorrow.

English Toffe... I thought we had burned this but it turned out so YUMMY!! See where I "tested" it

Peppermint Bark

Peppermint Fudge....wait where did it go?

Oh yes, it is cut up and ready to go to a Ward Christmas Party later today.

I still have on my list....

1. Peanut Brittle
2. English Toffee (I am going to make at least 2 more batches)
3. Mounds
4. Chocolate covered Pretzels
5. Carmels

Then I have been working on felt crayon holders for Brandon's class. They have stocking hung and on Tuesday they will pass out gifts. I got the pattern from Skip To my Lou.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So much to do and then there is more to do as well. That is the Holidays. It never all gets done and that is part of the fun, so next year you can try again.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

S and RA Beazer said...

Way to go. I never make candy. We usually get given so much that I don't want to add to the sweets at our house.

Alex and Katie said...

how come you never made all of these goodies when I was around, eh?