Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Western Quilts

I have been working on these quilts since, hmmmm either August, September or October. Anyway way TOO long! I am TIRED of looking at these strips The fabric was given to me and I knew that my brothers would just LOVE them! So I cut all of the fabric up, but I am still stuck with TONS left! I already have something in mind to do with the left overs now, but they can wait, which makes me HAPPY!

My biggest problem is I don't know which brother to give what quilt to. So Mom, Jenni....family what do you think? But anyway here they are:

Western Stripes




This quilt was just a creative one. I just sewed my different sizes of strips together and then cut 12" squares. Then I when putting it together I twisted them. I did the regular stippling that I always do. I do like it a lot and I find that I am getting better all the time.

Western Wonky Log Cabin



Love the toys at the bottom? This one shrunk more than I thought it would, or I thought it was bigger. Oh well. This was the quilt along quilt.

In the squares I decided to become creative and do whatever. I have been meaning to try different things, but one this is for sure...I STINK at it! Oh well, I told Travis at least I don't have to look at it all the time otherwise I would probably have to burn it. But for now, they are "wonky" stitches.



This was the one that I really wanted to try...pebble stitching. It takes a long time and a LOT of thread.

I wish I had better pictures of them but it was snowing today and this was the best that I could do. Two more quilts off my UFO's. Just two more to do

No comments: