Saturday, December 5, 2009

Festival of Trees 2009

Every year we go to Salt Lake City to the Festival of Trees. People donate trees completely decorated with goodies and they are auctioned off to the public. Travis's Mom and Step Father buy one every year. But this has been a family tradition for at least 7 years and I think they went even before I married Travis. We spend the day there looking at the 100+ trees, quilts, gingerbread houses, wreaths and enjoy the yummy food and the performances from local dance studios and music performers.



I usually take my camera and take tons of pictures, but yesturday I completely forgot!! But My MIL got a lot of pictures for me. We did however get a large family picture of us all there and then our small family. Over the years we have come to the conclusion of bringing a tripod!


The boys did fairly well considering that there were lot of people in a large building. The Festival of Trees has a kiddy corner that we always go to and make crafts and get our faces painted. This always kick starts our Christmas season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a neat tradition. I think that would be awsome to get a tree already decorated.