Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April's Quilting Bee blocks

Last night I finished my April's quiting be blocks for 1 year, 12 quilts. These are Kelli's. She sent some Neptune Moda fabric. I just loved working with them. I had a good idea planned for them but didn't have enough fabric, so I went with simple. She wanted a sea theme, so I tried really hard! The bottom one is mine for my sample quilt of everyone's blocks.
I thought of Disney's Ariel and when she is singing my favorite song and she is coming up torward the surface of the ocen. So the white is the light from the sky and the rest of the blocks are the surround sea life.
I wanted to do a "stream" current from Finding Nemo, but not sure now. Oh well, all you can do is your best right?

2 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Your blocks turned out FANTASTIC! I am still trying to decide what to do for mine :(

Dana said...

I LOVE the pop of red. Nice work!