Thursday, April 15, 2010

Teacher Apprecation Door Hanging

For Teacher Apprecation week, we are asked to make a door hanging for our teacher's door. I decided long ago that I would like to make something more than just something made of paper. I figured that Nathan's teacher could keep this for the following years, and so she won't forget my boys!

Some may say that I outdid myself or I spent too much time on it, but I had a LOT of fun making it and enjoyed it very much. It came together very quick and I think Nathan's teacher will LOVE it!
With Nathan's class there are several aids in the class as well. I need to get a head count, because I am planning on making something similar to this for them, although I can't decide if I am going to make a mini quilt or a pillow for the teachers....what would you want? Teacher appreciation week is next week so I will make the aid's gifts this weekend. So I need your help, mini quilt or pillow?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh MY GOsh Crystal! Seriously? SERIOUSLY? I am sure I will be hard pressed to remember to write a card, let a lone make AN ENTIRE QUILT WITH CUT OUT HANDS AND LETTERING!! Wow, this is so impressive! She is SURE to love it! And I think you're covered, I don't think you need to do anything more. Amazing!!

Not Lucy said...

This is very cool and she will love it! The people who say it is a bit much are those who don't realize who therapeutic quilting is for the quilter and when you are having fun it isn't really work!

As for pillow or mini quilt I think the mini quilt is nicer as it can either be hung on the wall or used as a table topper or just laid over the back of a chair. Just my opinion - take it or leave it!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

WOW Crystal, this is an amazing gift. The teacher is going to love it! I really think you are going to make this teacher's day!

I think mini quilts would be good for the aids :) Who doesn't like a cute mini quilt??

Jan said...

I agree with Amy , fantastic job!
However, I think the aids would love mini quilts.